Golden Chicken Bone Broth
1. 4 Lbs chicken wings and drumsticks
2. 6 Lbs chicken or turkey bones (any combination of backs, necks, and cages) or carcasses from roasted birds
3. 1 Doz Chicken Feet
4. ¼ Cup of raw, unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
5. 1 large onion, peeled and quartered
6. 2 large carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
7. 4 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
8. ½ bunch fresh rosemary
9. ½ bunch fresh thyme
1. Combine the meat and bones in a deep 16-quart pot.
2. Completely cover with cold filtered water to about 2 inches above bones with 2 inches of headroom in the pot and cook over high heat until the liquid boils, about 45 minutes.
3. Reduce the heat to low and move the pot so the burner is off to one side. (This helps the broth to circulate.)
4. Simmer until the broth looks clear, about 1 hour, occasionally using a ladle to skim off the surface fats and foamy impurities.
5. When the broth looks clear, add the remaining ingredients and simmer for an additional 6-8 hours.
6. Add parsley 10 minutes before removing from the heat – completely submerge it.
7. Use a spider skimmer to remove and discard all solids.
8. Put a fine-mesh strainer over another large pot and pour the broth slowly through it.
9. Decant while hot into 24 oz mason Jars for storage (leaving 2 inches of headroom for expansion if freezing).
10. Season to taste with sea salt before consuming