Cooking for a crowd this holiday weekend? Here is our recipe for Grass Fed Beef Bolognese.
- 18 Lbs of ground beef
- 3 finely chopped yellow onions
- 12 cloves of minced garlic 3
- bunches of fine chopped celery
- 10 whole grated zucchinis
- 2 boxes of mushrooms
- 2 Lbs of finely chopped spinach
- 5 Lbs of grated carrots
- 6 12 oz cans of tomato paste
- 8 cups of chicken broth, only as needed, small amounts at a time
- 10 bay leaves 1 cup of italian seasoning salt and pepper for taste add fat of choice Preparation
1. Place oil, onions, carrots, celery and zucchini in a large deep pot over medium heat.
2. Cook stirring frequently until all water from veg has evaporated. May take up to 20 minutes.
3. Add garlic and stir another couple of minutes.
4. Continue to cook and stir until vegetables begin to turn golden brown.
5. Add ground beef, salt, and pepper and brown the beef. Cook stirring occasionally until cooked through. Add tomato paste and cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Add enough stock to saucepan to cover meat.
7. Add bay leaves and Italian seasoning. Stir/mix well.
8. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low and simmer for at least 2 hours.
9. Add stock as chili thickens – at least twice over duration of cooking
10. Remove Bay leaves and serve.