One of our favorite dishes from our NEW Winter Menu!
- 2 TBSP of coconut oil
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1/2 sweet potato, diced
- 1 pear, diced
- 3/4 cup of mushrooms, diced
- 2 TBSP of fresh sage, minced
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 3/4 lbs of sausage (ground meat of choice)
- 2 parsnips, diced
- 2 sprigs of freshly chopped parsley
- Place the coconut oil in the bottom of a heavy-bottomed skillet on medium-high heat. When the fat has melted and the pan is hot, add the onion and cook, stirring, for two minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Turn down to medium heat and add the sweet potato and parsnip. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring
- Add the pear, and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the mushrooms, sage, and sea salt next, and cook another 3 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are just soft. Turn off the heat, transfer to a medium-sized bowl, and set aside.
- In the same skillet you used for the vegetables, add the ground meat. Turn the stove on to medium heat, break up all of the meat, and cook until no longer pink and lightly browned, stirring occasionally. This should take about 10 minutes depending on the heat and pan used.
- Add the apple and vegetable mixture back to the pan and add the vinegar. Stir to combine and turn off the heat.
- Once cool, mix in scallion.